Great oral care starts with a comprehensive dental exam. Lanphier Family Dental recommends dental exams, including cancer screenings, every year. Based on your annual dental exam, we’ll create a customized dental treatment plan to help ensure that you have a healthy mouth and teeth for a lifetime!
Following is what we cover in your dental exam:
- A review of your medical history. We’ll ask you about any changes in your health and wellness since your last exam
- An oral exam, including a visual gum tissue check and oral cancer scan
- A periodontal health check-up where we examine your jawbone levels and any pockets forming between teeth and gums
- X-rays are taken to diagnose disease that is not detectable through a clinical exam. X-rays can diagnose multiple areas; caries in-between teeth, the health of the nerve, anomalies in the root, and the health of the bone
- Recommendations about your self dental care
If we find that you need dental treatment, we’ll happily explain all of the options available to you.
To learn more about Lanphier Family Dental exams and oral cancer screening, please call: (415) 454-8640.